Obviously this whole, "posting here more often or at all, really" thing is going to take a little while to get back into the swing of, so posts will likely be somewhat sporadic. Obviously I'd love to post once a week, but... I'll forget. I know I will. But I'm trying, and I have a plan. (More on that in a bit.)
• But first! My boyfriend proposed! I'm getting married! I mean, not right away. Next summer. My mom and I are in the early stages of planning a wedding--which is scary, you guys. Planning something this big, with so many pieces and people. Although, I'll be honest, fiance (hehe) and I still haven't totally ruled out the possibility of doing something really small, and then having a big party afterwards. But we'll see. I'm not letting the whole idea of this get too overwhelming or scary because I don't want to stress it. I want it to be fun to plan a fun day. Also I do not want my friends to remember me as a Bridezilla. So.
• I only have 7 (possibly 8, we'll see how it goes) more days at my current job. And only 13 more days until we get in our cars and drive away from New Mexico. Despite growing up here, I don't actually think of myself as from
here. My heart belongs in the city. For 8 years it was New York City. When I was in Edinburgh, I thought it was a city I could certainly love. Now I think that Fort Collins (and it's Greater Metropolitan Area) will be city enough.
• We are just now starting to get into the beginning of the actual move. I hate the actual process of moving: the packing and disassembling of my whole life, the hefting and carrying of all that stuff and putting it into a vehicle, and then after you move those vehicles to your new place, you have to do it all again in reverse. We're starting early in the hopes of containing the chaos to something more manageable, but ahahahahaha hahaha hah. Yeah. It's moving. It makes me want to throw up. But this time is a little different! In case you weren't aware, I am marrying the most amazing guy, who informs me that he's specifically arranged enough help so that I don't have to do any of the heavy lifting. Because he knows how much this stresses me out and he loves me.
• Possibly related... I have all kinds of acne on my back. Even as a teen my skin wasn't particularly prone to breakouts. At most I'd have two, maybe three, pimples at any one time and usually it was less. I have pretty good skin. But now I've got it all over my back and it's driving me crazy
. I haven't changed my skincare routine (or at least, I've changed it a little now that I have the acne, but I didn't change it until after it started) and I don't feel
more stressed than usual (although, since I'm an anxiety sufferer, my normal levels of stress always seem pretty high to me). Or at least, the acne appeared before the actual moving stress kicked in. I know I'm not doing the other things that usually signal to me that I'm stressed—picking at my cuticles or chewing off the skin on the inside of my lips and cheeks—but maybe I am more stressed and I'm just not noticing? I don't know and this stuff on my back is, again, driving my nuts
. Stop this shit, body. Stop it right now.
• Books! Seanan McGuire's latest October Daye book came out last week. It's called Once Broken Faith
and it was really good! There was a short story attached to the end which really helped out the ending, and set up a new relationship, and I'm excited. I also decided to get my hands on Full of Briars
, a Quentin novella! It was fun! Now I'm preparing to read Ilona Andrews' most recent Kate Daniels book, Magic Binds
. This preparation consists of reading the novella's in that world, which are set before the last book and are really helping to explain some things. I'm going to get my hands on the new book as soon as I'm finished with the last novella.
• Bullet Journaling! I started one, then decided I'd fucked it up, and now I'm using a Moleskine journal for lists and such. I'll figure out how to do the whole BuJo thing eventually, but for now, I wrote a blog post
about it on my "professional" blog thing. Possibly one of the things that I'll use it to do one day is update this thing more, haha. Anyway. Read all about it!
Ok, that's it for now.